image

image

Sunday, August 21, 2011

Custom Yamaha ERG 121


hey all!
ive just recently finished doing a custom electric guitar.
my old glossy black yamaha, it had some scratches on the body which gave me an excuse to strip the thick acrylic laminate off it and do my own designs. originaly i was going to do a paint job but then discovered the coolness of wood burning ( or pyrography- greek for 'fire writing')

heres an image of what my guitar looked like before (i dont have a photo of mine before)

and heres what it looks like after....











7 comments:

  1. thats class. im looking to re do the paintwork on an old erg121 I bought as a project guitar

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome, let me know what you come up with!

    ReplyDelete
  3. andrew any tips how can i make my guitar like this one ?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Try it on an older uitar first, be prepared for a lot of sanding to get the enamel paint off, and then lots of polishing afterwards. Woodburning is pretty easy, try it out with some scrap wood first to get a feel for it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Was is all just sanding for the paint? Or would a heat gun work also?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Started off with paint stripper, then heatgun, but mostly sanding, the acrylic layers of paint are very thick. an electric sander does a great job

    ReplyDelete
  7. just wanted to tell you this looks pretty cool...
    im thinking on doing this (erg121) was my first guitar but sentimental stuff stops me from doing so

    ReplyDelete